What is EERA-DTOC?
EERA-DTOC stands for the European Energy Research Alliance - Design Tool for Offshore Wind Farm Cluster.
The EERA-DTOC project combines expertise to develop a multidisciplinary integrated software tool for an optimised design of offshore wind farms and clusters of wind farms.
Launch of the software
The commercial software implementation that is a spin-off from the EERA-DTOC research, Wind & Economy, is now available! It looks at:
- the wind climate in wind farm clusters;
- large wind farm wake effects;
- economic benchmarking and uncertainty modelling;
- Geo Information System integration;
- optimised work flow and multi-user approach.
The software tool has been presented to the public during EWEA Offshore 2015, at the Bella Center in Copenhagen on Tuesday 10 March 2015, the first day of the fair. The agenda and more details can be found here. The presentations of the event are also available:
- Project Overview, Peter Hauge Madsen and Charlotte Bay Hasager, DTU (DK)
- DTOC Software, Gregor Giebel and Igor Waldl, DTU (DK) and OverSpeed (DE)
- Perspectives on EERA-DTOC from Industry Partners, Jan Matthiesen, Carbon Trust (UK)
- Wind farm wake verification, Kurt S. Hansen, DTU (DK)
- Scenarios near-future, Gerard Schepers, ECN – Energy Research Center of the Netherlands (NL)
- Scenario far-future, Olimpo Anaya-Lara, University of Strathclyde (UK); Herald Svendsen, SINTEF Energy (NO); Edwin Wiggelinkhuizen and Gerard Schepers, ECN (NL).
Consult the events page for further information.